Welcome to Downtown Albuquerque
Silver Street Market (in Downtown ABQ)
is Now OPEN Everday 6:00 am – 9:00 pm
Welcome to the Silver Platinum Downtown Neighborhood Association’s website (SPDNA).
SPDNA’s solutions and goals:
- Move City Transportation offices out of the Alvarado Transportation Center (ATC) and move in a Mini-Museum, Visitor Center and provide space for local multi-cultural artist/craftspeople and make ATC a safe destination and not a hangout for criminals.
- We all need to support and promote Greyhound Bus, Amtrak, Rail Runner and ABQ ride.
- Twinkle Light Parade brought back to Downtown for at least 4 years and then rotate every other year with Nob Hill. (previous Mayor gave this parade to Nob Hill for last 4 years)
- SPDNA currently seeking bids for a new video to promote Central Downtown and the Downtown Corridor to be distributed state wide and hopefully World wide.
- Please view link past video for suggested solutions produced years ago. http://silverplatinumdowntown.org/bringing-the-heartbeat-back-to-downtown-abq-video
- Free parking M-F 11 AM-1 PM ONLY coinciding with the opening of One Central until at least January 2019 and the City of Albuquerque do a media campaign informing New Mexico of the new and existing businesses, Historical Buildings, new ATC and free parking moratorium and new Central Downtown Police district.
- City of Albuquerque needs to build Homeless shelters (old Metro jail?) with job training, rehabilitating services and job training for our homeless.
- City of Albuquerque should help our Central downtown businesses with short term parking lots (vacant lots) on the southwest corner of 3rd street & Silver avenue, in addition the southeast corner of 2nd street & Silver avenue for the Central Downtown businesses survival. Imperial Building, Silver Street Market, Salon Jerome’s, Maya’s, Monks Corner Tap Room, Donovan Discovers, Albuquerque City Drug and any future and current retail space located in close radius to the ATC.
- SPDNA suggest several City Sponsored events for the Central Downtown Corridor for the next 4 years with limited Food Trucks and support our downtown brick & mortar restaurants!
- City planning should propose a well illuminated, landscaped and ADA accessible Pedestrian pathway to and from the Rail Yards to ATC for visitors and tourist.
- MDC needs to locate alternative drop off point for jail releases other than 1st Street and Central Avenue.
- Invitation to Mayor Keller and Chief Geier for SPDNA’s March 1st, 2018 board meeting.
We are a newly formed neighborhood association created to serve the needs of the central downtown Albuquerque.
We are a unique Association; having Businesses and Residential membership. Our aim is outlined in our mission statement.
We were created out of the simple statement, of one the visitors to our little community, “Gee dad this area is creepy!” Therein lies the birth of SPDNA.
=> NEXT SPDNA MEETING
March 1, 2018
5:00pm – 7:00pm
Imperial Building — Community Room
Albuquerque, NM 87102
2016 Twinkle Light Parade is Coming Soon…
Click for ART-news-release-twinkle-light-parade Thank you ABQ Ride ………….. FYI Mark your calendar a great event in our neighborhood December 8th, 2016 On the way to or from the Alvarado Transportation Center,stop by and visit Silver Street Market, Maya’s, Monk’s Brewery, […]