Welcome to the Duke City
Report an Incident:
Silver Street Market (in Downtown ABQ) is Now OPEN Everday 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
Welcome to the Silver Platinum Downtown Neighborhood Association’s website (SPDNA).
SPDNA’s solutions & current goals for 2023:
- SPDNA for several years strove for economic vitality by reviving downtown ABQ through transforming Alvarado Transportation Center (ATC) as a fun safe destination with a mini museum, NM visitors center, cafes, NM artist marketplace, and a new pedestrian pathway to the historic Rail Yards and Wheels Museum.
- SPDNA non-profit status as 501(c)3.
- Beautification of the Downtown Corridor with community business partners and residents.
- Change State Constitution in January 2023 in Santa Fe to allow the Elected Bernalillo County Sheriff to lead both city & county law enforcement forming a “Metropolitan Police Force” and rid taxpayers of appointed Police Chiefs thus eliminating duplication of services – letting the voters decide.
- Walkability for Central Downtown – Establish Pedestrian street safety corridors for the 55k+ who commute to Downtown Albuquerque M-F and utilize the transportation hub for commuters, tourists, and residents! Fight to encourage the first pedestrian safety corridor along Silver Ave from 8th Street to 1st Street.
- Change APD’s approach & policy to NOT engage criminals, panhandlers, drug dealers/users loiters & trespassers while doing crimes in Downtown Albuquerque.
- Conduct a 60 day multi-law enforcement sweep/special ops in Central Downtown Albuquerque utilizing NM State Police, Federal Police, BCSO, FBI & US Marshall’s enforcing the laws, arresting wanted felons, trespassers, homeless camps, drug dealers & users terrorizing downtown residents, businesses/workers & visitors.
View the video which highlights our vision for our neighborhood. Click here. Also consider many other ways to connect with our community whether it’s filming a movie or starting a business.
We are a recently formed neighborhood association created to serve the needs of the central downtown Albuquerque.
We are a unique Association; having Businesses and Residential membership. Our aim is outlined in our mission statement.
We were created out of the simple statement, of one the visitors to our little community, “Gee dad this area is creepy!” Therein lies the birth of SPDNA.